This service manual contains in-depth maintenance, service and repair information for Audi A6 C5 models from 1998 to 2004. The aim throughout has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself Audi owner, this manual helps you understand, care for and repair your Audi.
The do-it-yourself Audi owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information. Even if you have no intention of working on your car, you will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
This softcover repair manual contains repair information for Audi A6 C5 1998-2004 including allroad quattro, S6, and RS6.
- Softcover, 8 3/8 in. x 11 in.
- 964 pages
- 1772 photos, illustrations and diagrams
- Audi of America Lit. No.: W42 AUDIA69804SM
- ISBN-13: 978-0-8376-1499-1
- 1998 - 2001 2.8 liter V6 (AHA, ATQ)
- 1999 - 2004 4.2 liter V8 (ART, AWN, BBD)
- 2000 - 2004 2.7 liter V6 biturbo (APB, BEL)
- 2002 - 2004 3.0 liter V6 (AVK)
- 2003 - 2004 4.2 liter V8 (BAS)
- 2003 - 2004 4.2 liter V8 biturbo (BCY)
- 5-speed manual AWD (01A)
- 6-speed manual AWD (01E)
- 5-speed automatic AWD (1L)
- 5-speed automatic FWD or AWD (1V)
- Continuously variable transmission (CVT) FWD (01J)
- Maintenance procedures from changing the oil to replacing the interior ventilation microfilter. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Step-by-step engine timing belt service.
- Cylinder head cover and crankshaft seal replacement.
- Cooling system filling and bleeding, coolant pump replacement and engine cooling fan and radiator service.
- Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams and explanations, including three different Bosch Motronic engine management systems.
- Clutch, flywheel and rear main seal service.
- Multi-link front suspension repair procedures, including stabilizer bar link, control arm and axle boot replacement.
- Brakes, steering, suspension and ABS maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body, hood and sunroof repairs and adjustments.
- Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Wiring schematics for selected models, including power distribution and grounds.