Ross-Tech VCDS (VAG-COM Diagnostic Systems)
If you own an Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, or Bentley you need a powerful tool that will help keep your vehicle on the road. Ross-Tech VCDS® (VAG-COM Diagnostic System) helps diagnose real problems instead of swapping out costly parts. With features found only on dealer level factory tools, VCDS surpasses the performance of aftermarket diagnostic tools and rivals factory tools for a fraction of the cost. Always know exactly how your vehicle is running instead of paying someone else to diagnose the problems, usually leaving you with a huge repair bill.
With Ross-Tech VCDS You Can:
- Gain factory level access to all systems in most VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda and Bentley models from 1990 through the current model year
- Scan for and clear DTCs with 19,000+ fault codes decoded into plain text
- Alter settings through module coding accessible only by factory level tools
- Perform various country-specific modifications to your car (remove seat belt chime, enable gauge test/needle sweep, enable lap timer, operate windows and sunroof with remote, and much more)
- View and log live data
- Reset service reminder
- Perform built in tests and calibrations normally reserved for factory level tools
- Diagnose real failures instead of swapping parts!
Which VCDS interface will work with my car?
- VCDS HEX-NET® Professional Kit (WiFi/USB, Unlimited) - WiFi or USB connection, works on most models 1990-current, unlimited cars
- VCDS HEX-NET® Professional (WiFi/USB, Unlimited) - WiFi or USB connection, works on most models 1990-current, unlimited cars
- VCDS HEX-NET® Enthusiast (WiFi/USB, 10 VINs) - WiFi or USB connection, works on most models 1990-current, limited to 10 cars
- VCDS HEX-V2™ Enthusiast (USB, 10 VINs) - USB connection works on most models 1990-current, limited to 10 cars
- VCDS HEX-V2™ Enthusiast (USB, 3 VINs) - USB connection works on most models 1990-current, limited to 3 cars
Things you must have to run VCDS:
- A computer with a USB port running Microsoft Windows
- The Ross-Tech VCDS (VAG-COM Diagnostic Software) (free download from Ross-Tech)
- Any of the Genuine Ross-Tech VCDS Interfaces sold below
Note: While unsupported by Ross-Tech, Europa Parts have found that VCDS also works fine on Apple and Linux computers running Windows in a virtualized environment.
Things you might want with your VCDS:
- A copy of the VCDS manual to get you started (PDF format)
- If you purchase a HEX-NET interface, a copy of the HEX-NET FAQ (HTML format)
- An OBDII right angle extension cable if you want your diagnostic tool connected and away from the driver's feet and legs
- A USB extension cable to extend the reach of a VCDS interface from the computer to the vehicle
- For pre-1995 cars, a 2x2 adapter to connect between the 2x2 port in older vehicles to the OBDII connector used for current generation diagnostic tools
Europa Parts is an authorized stocking distributor of Genuine Ross-Tech VCDS (VAG-COM Diagnostic Systems) for Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, and Bentley vehicles. Don't be fooled by cheap fakes, knock-offs and imitators as those can damage your car. This is the real deal, manufactured by the world's leading diagnostics solutions company.
All of our Ross-Tech VCDS systems are always in stock and never drop-shipped. Order before 3pm ET and have it shipped the same day. Please contact us with ANY questions you might have about these widely acclaimed diagnostic systems. We'd be happy to help.
Ross-Tech, VCDS, VCDS-Mobile, VCDS-Cloud, HEX-NET and HEX-V2 are registered trademarks of Ross-Tech, LLC, USA. Authorized use of these has been granted to Europa Parts LLC.
Availability: In Stock
Qualifies for: Free shipping$899.00
Availability: In Stock
Qualifies for: Free shipping$349.00
Availability: In Stock
Qualifies for: Free shipping$599.00
Availability: In Stock
Qualifies for: Free shipping$449.00
Availability: In Stock
Qualifies for: Free shipping$299.00
Availability: In Stock
Qualifies for: Free shipping$199.00
Availability: In Stock$25.00
Availability: In Stock$35.00
Availability: In Stock$50.00
VAG-COM Diagnostic Tools for Your Audi or Volkswagen from Europa Parts
There are different levels of DIY automotive repair. Some of our customers are satisfied when they change a headlight bulb, while others will attack a full engine teardown without batting an eyelash.
But the key to any automotive maintenance, repair or upgrade project is having the right tools for the job and knowing how to use them. At Europa Parts, we enjoy being your top choice for OEM Audi and VW parts and accessories online. We carry the largest range of parts and the tools you need to install them properly.
One of our popular tool categories is our selection of VAG-COM tech tools. These highly sophisticated tools are similar to the ones professional technicians use to scan and diagnose a variety of functions.
The information a VAG-COM scanner provides is critical for understanding how your vehicle is running and making adjustments for improved performance, NVH, economy and reliability. There are several reasons you might want to use a VAG-COM scanner to see what's going on under your hood:
- Out of pure curiosity: Many automotive enthusiasts love knowing as much as possible about how their car works and how it's performing. The information you get after running a diagnostic scan with a VW / Audi VAG-COM or Audi VAG-COM lets you know if everything is in working order and performing according to OEM specs and settings.
- To make repairs: When your VW or Audi isn't running properly, you can detect it in many ways: rough idle, hesitation, lower performance, decreased fuel economy, etc. To get to the root of the problem, performing a scan with a VAG-COM tool will highlight the problems and allow you to make the repairs necessary to get your car back in peak operating condition.
- For verifying modifications: Before tuning your car and making performance modifications, it's important to know that everything is functioning correctly. When you perform a scan before and after modifications, you can see the effect of your changes and guarantee your Audi or Volkswagen is still functioning properly without any underlying issues.
Whatever your reason, Europa Parts has the VAG-COM tech tools and scanners you need to diagnose your vehicle like a professional. We don't just sell these powerful tools — we have experience using and testing them and are confident they offer the quality and functions you demand.
For certain vehicles equipped with an MMI, find out how you can take advantage of the system operating information in your on-board computer with your own affordable VAG-COM scanner.
What Does "VAG-COM" Stand For?
The name "VAG-COM" comes from the name for the Volkswagen Automotive Group. One of the leading automotive manufactures in the world, VAG includes popular brands Volkswagen and Audi as well as the Euro brands Seat and Skoda.
Now, add in "COM," meaning "communication," and you understand that the VAG-COM is a tool designed for communicating with your Volkswagen or Audi vehicle. The technology is also known by the name VCDS, which stands for VAG-COM Diagnostic System).
The VAG-COM uses the industry-standard OBD-II onboard diagnostics system and port to read engine and system operation parameters. This coded data is exactly what any professional mechanic accesses to diagnose problems with a vehicle. The data the OBD-II system spits out is incomprehensible, however. It's computer-language information that can't be read without translation.
To facilitate the reading, understanding and interpretation of your Audi and VW system conditions, VAG-COM translates the data into simple, four-character codes. Each code represents a different state or parameter relating to how your vehicle is operating and relates to a very specific condition.
There are over 19,000 different unique four-digit codes, so the information you get from your VAG-COM scan can point you directly to what needs to be addressed.
It used to be that only professional garage technicians could view this information. Thanks to the experts at Ross Tech and their advanced VAG-COM scanner and software give you detailed answers pertaining to any issues that you may or may not have under the hood.
You no longer have to guess what the source of the problem is or try fixing a bunch of different things before stumbling across whatever was causing your car to run improperly. You can often avoid going to the dealer to run a scan, saving both time and money.
And if you're an automotive enthusiast like us, running your own Sherlock Holmes-type investigation to get to the root cause of your problems is both exciting and rewarding!
The Best Tool for Your Audi and VW Diagnostics
At Europa Parts, we only carry quality tools that we trust and have tested ourselves. In the case of OBD-II scanning equipment and software, the name we trust is Ross-Tech. These are the people who created the VAG-COM hardware and coded the error codes, so you know they're accurate and reliable.
Ross-Tech is well-respected in automotive circles, both professional and amateur, for accessing and making sense of onboard diagnostics. Thanks to them, you don't have to make a costly trip to the dealership to run a scan.
In many cases, professional automotive technicians aren't willing to share the code information even once they have it, so you can't do any searching or modifications yourself. To remedy this problem, we carry the Ross Tech VAG-COM scanner, software, and accessories you need to access the wealth of data flowing through your ECU.
You'll not only be able to read engine faults and check engine lights and codes, but you'll also be able to modify codes to make upgrades and improvements to various performance parameters and clear troublesome fault codes once you've fixed the problem.
The Ross-Tech VCDS scanner will quickly become your favorite tool in your toolbox!
Purchase Exactly What You Need From Europa Parts
When you purchase a Ross-Tech VAG-COM scanner from Europa Parts, you can choose the hardware you need. We offer:
- Full kits that are ready to plug into your VW or Audi to run a scan
- Enthisiast wired scanners allowing either 10 VINs or unlimited VINs, depending on the model
- Professional or enthusiast models, depending on how you plan to use your scanner
- USB and/or Wi-Fi capability for added flexibility and convenience
- A range of cables in different lengths and angles for easier access
We think it's important to offer you the choice to purchase what you need. This gives you more bang for your buck, instead of forcing you into kits and options you don't need. For many DIY automotive enthusiasts, there's no need for unlimited VINs, since you'll only be checking your own vehicles.
In that case, the HEX-V2 Enthusiast model is perfect. It allows you to scan up to three different vehicles and gain access to the 19,000+ fault codes pre-programmed into the unit.
If you're a professional or semi-professional and want be able to scan an unlimited number of vehicles, the HEX-NET Professional model is the one for you. You can use it as many times as you like on an unlimited number of unique VINs. You'll find this flexible VAG-COM scanner in professional shops alongside industry-standard equipment. That's how powerful, reliable, and easy-to-use it is.
With our host of extension cables and adapter cables for older cars, you can scan a wide range of new and late-model VW and Audi products with ease. Wireless models that communicate by Wi-Fi make it especially easy and comfortable to scan in your garage or workshop.
Ross-Tech put a lot of effort into making their impressive VCDS VAG-COM scanner and software easy to install and use, which is why more and more enthusiasts and professionals are adding this tool to their arsenal of automotive diagnostic and repair equipment.
How a VAG-COM Scanner Works
Your car is constantly creating onboard diagnostic (OBD) information. Every time you start your car, lines of code are flowing through the ECU to diagnose how your car is operating. To create standardization, the automotive industry agreed upon a common language for automotive diagnostics information several decades ago.
Called OBD-II, this information is accessible through a standardized port located under the dashboard of your car. A variety of OBD-II tools exist that collect this information and let the user determine where error codes, dash lights, and other problems come from.
The problem with most OBD-II scanners is that the information they provide is cryptic and sometimes imprecise. To remedy this, Ross Tech created a much more ergonomic and intuitive tool with their VCDS scanner. To run a scan, there are a few steps to follow:
- Start by loading the VAG-COM software onto your computer. The scanner is designed to communicate with Windows or most mobile devices (such as tablets and smartphones). The user interface is simple and user-friendly, with self-explanatory functions displayed on the home screen.
- With your vehicle off, plug your scanner into the OBD-II port under your dash. Depending on the model you have, you'll either plug the cable in directly or plug in the wireless adapter to take advantage of wireless communication.
- As soon as your car is started, the VAG-COM scanner will start to read the data. Select the various screens and functions to run programs that are built into the VCDS software. You can even take this data and create graphs to see how certain codes and conditions evolve over time and under various engine RPMs.
The user interface will display any codes the OBD system generates. This can vary from simple "Check Engine" light displays to more complex fuel, performance and exhaust management issues. Thanks to the simplicity of Audi and VW VAG-COM results, you can easily understand what's going wrong.
The four-digit codes are translated into regular text that anyone can understand. You don't have to be a professional mechanic or have experience with ODB-style diagnostic tools to use the Ross Tech VAG-COM system of scanners. Even beginner DIY enthusiasts can quickly learn how to install and use a VAG-COM and troubleshoot a whole host of automotive problems.
Different VAG-COM Functions and Programs
Depending on what you're looking to diagnose under the hood of your Volkswagen or Audi car, van or SUV, you can select from a range of different VAG-COM functions directly from the computer interface. The most common feature is Auto-Scan, which performs an automatic scan of all the controllers on your vehicle and detects fault codes. This is what your mechanic does to troubleshoot problems with your car.
You can also choose from other programs such as:
- Select: This function allows you to select individual control modules if you want to target specific areas of concern, such as your engine, airbags or ABS.
- SRI Reset: This function clears the Service Soon messages that can appear on your dashboard for operations such as oil changes.
- OBD-II Functions: Access standard OBD-II codes on any OBD-II-compatible vehicle. It's perfect if you have experience with ODB-II coding and layout.
You can also access menus for different built-in applications and program options, including selecting the COM port of your computer or device, or setting debugging parameters. Ross Tech's VAG-COM software for Audi and VW vehicles can be used as a fast and easy scanner for fault codes as well as an in-depth analyzer for advanced vehicle operating condition understanding and modification. This handy online video gives a great explanation on many of these functions and the advantages of VAG-COM.
Once you know what's wrong with your car, VAG-COM also lets you make corrections. In the case of dashboard lights and error messages, the scanner software guides you on how to erase or reset them.
It's important to be sure you've corrected the actual problem or performed the necessary service, such as changing your oil and filter, verifying your braking system or replacing a faulty sensor. Once you've completed the service, simply use the VAG-COM software to clear the code and get back on the road.
For more advanced diagnostics, you need to analyze the error codes to understand what is wrong with your vehicle. In some cases, you may see multiple codes. While the VAG-COM scanner gives clear and straightforward error messages, in some cases you may not know how to go about correcting them. This is where it's helpful to have the support and knowledge of experienced enthusiasts and professionals.
At Europa Parts, we have a team of skilled automotive DIYers who enjoy running scans of their own Audi and VW vehicles. You're always welcome to give us a call or send us a message and we'll do our best to answer your questions. You can also join an online forum and get help from other people like yourself who enjoy running their own VW VAG-COM and Audi VAG-COM scans and finding solutions and improvements.
There's also a host of useful and practical online videos explaining how to use the Ross Tech VCDS scanner. They explain how to install your scanner, how to run a scan and how to interpret the error codes and make corrections to optimize your performance, efficiency and NVH.
Of course, one of the best resources is the Ross-Tech website itself. No one knows the ins and out of the VAG-COM scanner and software better than the manufacturer, which is why you'll find many great tips and explanations on how to get the most out of your purchase.
VAG-COM and Europa Parts: A Perfect Partner!
We're proud to be a leading online source for Audi and VW parts and accessories. We offer a range of VAG-COM tools and accessories that allow you to get the features and functions you need at the prices you want.
Take a closer look at our kits, scanners and cables and select the model that suits your application, either Professional or Enthusiast. Then, plug in your scanner and start enjoying the power of unlocking the coded language of your vehicle's onboard diagnostic code.
You can place your order right now or contact one of our experts for more information. We'll guide you in your purchase and help you find the VCDS VAG-COM scanner, software and cables you need to perform powerful and useful engine code scans.
Come and find out how our team here at Europa Parts has become the leading supplier of Ross Tech VCDS scanners.